Shortly after the NCAA, NIT, CBI, and CIT decided their tournament draws on Sunday night–the newly christened Vegas 16 will commence on Monday, March 28 with four quarterfinal games.
The original plan was to have games during Easter Weekend to be streamed online. But since most conference champions were already chosen for the other tournaments, the people at Mandalay Bay and the Vegas 16 Committee chose these match-ups that viewers can see live on the CBS Sports Network cable channel and most, if not all radio calls should stream live on all eight school radio networks.
All times listed are Pacific time:
Monday, March 28
- Game 1: Tennessee Tech (19-11) vs. Old Dominion (22-13) — 12 p.m.
- Game 2: Northern Illinois (21-12) vs. UC Santa Barbara (18-13) — 2:30 p.m.
- Game 3: Oakland (21-11) vs. Towson (20-12) — 6 p.m.
- Game 4: Louisiana Tech (23-9) vs. East Tennessee State (23-11) — 8:30 p.m.
Tuesday, March 29
- Games 5/6: Semifinals –6 and 8:30 p.m. PT
Wednesday, March 30
- Game 7: Championship game — 7 p.m. PT
Tickets start as low as $15, a great deal in this day and age.
I am very positive that this tournament will help many starving fans get some fun hoops in before the NIT decides their champion on that Thursday night in New York.